It shall be the duty of the Deacons to seek out such members of the church as need pecuniary assistance, and to use the alms of the church for their relief; to visit the sick; to prepare and distribute the elements of the Lord's Supper; to take a general supervision of the temporal interests of the church, and to cooperate with and assist the pastor in the performance of his duties.
It is the duty of the trustees to maintain the up keep on the church and properties. To ensure that all monies are accounted for and distributed in the applicable ways.
The Deaconess of Mt. Zion are responsible for preparing for communion, setting the communion table, preparing ladies for Baptism and ministering to young ladies in distress or turmoil also assisting the Deacons when visiting the sick and shut-in.
- Train our children while they are young and when they are old they will not depart from it. This is based on Proverbs 22:6.
- The mission of the Sunday School is to teach God's word to all children and adults.
To carry a message from God of His love, mercy, patience, and understanding everywhere and to anyone who will listen. To give assistance to the distressed whenever called upon to do so in whatever manner necessary, if the budget permits.
SR. USHER MINISTRY
- The ushers are to greet each member and visiting guest with a pleasant smile and attitude and to see that everyone is seated properly.
- The purpose is to assist the pastor, deacons, and deaconesses, members and friends that enter the church.
JR. USHERS MINISTRY
- To assist the pastor in making the service a success by putting the congregation in the right frame of mind to receive the message when they enter the church.
- The Jr. Ushers will greet our visiting guest and members with a pleasant smile and attitude.
- Church Literature
PASTOR'S AIDE MINISTRY
- To assist the pastor in various ways i.e., ensuring that his robes are cleaned pressed
- Ensure the pastor's water or juice pitchers are filled with water or juices in his office.
- To uplift the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ every second Sunday morning.
- The Sanctuary Choir is the oldest singing group of the church. The choir's rehearsal is scheduled the Thursday before the second Sunday.
- The Sanctuary Choir is not a group for just senior citizens, but for anyone who likes to sing mainly the traditional religious hymnals.
- To render service to God, church and the community.
- Contribute music to enhance Sunday morning worship service on the first and fourth Sundays of each month.
- Accompany the pastor or assistant pastors on engagements when requested to worship with other churches.
- The Inspirational Choir rehearsals are scheduled every Tuesday nights or as requested by the Minister of Music.
- Upon request render songs in concert for other churches.
SUNBEAMS OF ZION
- To give the young people between the ages of 10 and under the chance to strive to do God's will.
- The Sunbeams are scheduled to sing on the third Sunday of each month.
- It's not just learning to sing the songs, but also learning the meaning of each song so that they will be able to minister to the congregation and know what they are singing about and whom they are singing to, and that is our "God".
- Provide recreation for the young people.
- Provide support to the Sunday School Program
- Educate the youth in the word and issues in today's world.
- Provide support to the Youth Choir.
- Provide support to the Youth Ushers
- Participate in Vacation Bible School
- Schedule field trips such as skating and parks.
- Participate in seminars and youth activities with other churches.
- Promote academic excellence in school
- Go on missions to nursing homes and hospitals and send cards to the sick and shut-in.
- To provide educational resources scholarship fund when funds are available from the Spring Walk for Education Fund, and to help students seek higher education.
Hospitality Ministry is a service ministry that not only provides a physical substance but also a spiritual responsibility. We cook with love, serve with humility, and feed the hungry. The more we serve Christ, the less we will serve self. We are a people with a heart for God, also have a heart to serve God's people. Our spiritual purpose comes from Hebrews 13:2. "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."
BIRTHDAY MINISTRY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
- To provide the pastor and the congregation with a list of Mt. Zion's family members birthdays and wedding anniversaries.
- A list of birthdays and wedding anniversaries would be provided in the church bulletin once a month.
- EVERY BIRTH IS A MIRACLE AND EVERY CHILD IS A GIFT FROM "GOD"
YOUNG AT HEART MINISTRY
Young at Heart Ministry is an outreach ministry to our senior citizens to give support and encouragement outside of normal worship service. Although the age may define the status of a senior citizen, their age does not define their heart. We are young at heart. Our spiritual purpose comes from 1 John 3:18. "Let us not love in word or in tongue but in deed and in truth."
TECHNOLOGY & WEB-BASED MINISTRY
- To provide administration, support, computer education to the members. Also for the maintenance of the church's website and newsletter. Provide education on computer security.
SOUND TECHNCIANS MINISTRY